Price on enquiry
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one-to-one verbal questioning
Learn how to operate this powerful machine safely and confidently. This is a hands-on course that delivers both practical skills and health and safety as well as demonstrating that you and your employer have completed sufficient training to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). This Lantra accredited one-day course covers pre-use checks, maintenance, identification of controls, instruments and operating the machine safely.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations
- State the principles of Health and Safety Executive legislation and safety guidelines for using a woodchipper
- Select the appropriate personal protective equipment and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a woodchipper
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Inspect and identify defects on the blades
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
- Prepare a work area and a range of materials for chipping and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Use approved techniques to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber safely and effectively
- State the procedure for removing blockages
- State the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of woodchips and the various end uses of woodchips
- Prepare machine for transport and storage
Upon completion you will receive a certificate of competence.
Refresher training is also available.
On-site to groups. Please email email@example.com for a quotation stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Those who use, or will be using, a woodchipper as part of their work in cemeteries, parks, gardens and amenity locations.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Tel: 01865 509 510