Price on enquiry
Lantra or City & Guilds NPTC
1 - Day
NPTC 001425 (INT) 1217 NPTC 001430 (IND) 1217
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one to one verbal questioning
The woodchippers/shredders course covers pre-use checks, maintenance, identification of controls, instruments and operating the machine safely.
Integrated assessment with both Lantra and City & Guilds (NPTC). If an independent assessment is required this will take place a few days after training (NPTC only).
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations
- State the principles of Health and Safety Executive legislation and safety guidelines for using a woodchipper
- Select the appropriate personal protective equipment and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a woodchipper
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Inspect and identify defects on the blades
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
- Prepare a work area and a range of materials for chipping and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Use approved techniques to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber safely and effectively
- State the procedure for removing blockages
- State the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of woodchips and the various end uses of woodchips
- Prepare machine for transport and storage.
Details available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-site to groups, email email@example.com for a quote stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Those who use a woodchipper/shredderr as part of their work, for example , cemeteries, parks, gardens and amenity horticultural staff etc.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.