Price on enquiry
Lantra or City & Guilds NPTC
1 - Day
NPTC 001425 (INT) 1217 NPTC 001430 (IND) 1217
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one to one verbal questioning
The woodchippers/shredders course covers pre-use checks, maintenance, identification of controls, instruments and operating the machine safely.
Integrated assessment with both Lantra and City and Guilds(NPTC). If an independent assessment is required this will take place a few days after training (NPTC only).
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Produce a site-specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations
• State the principles of Health and Safety Executive legislation and safety guidelines for using a woodchipper
• Select the appropriate personal protective equipment and state the maintenance requirements
• Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a woodchipper
• Carry out routine operator maintenance
• Inspect and identify defects on the blades
• Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
• Prepare a work area and a range of materials for chipping and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
• Use approved techniques to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber safely and effectively
• State the procedure for removing blockages
• State the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of woodchips and the various end uses of woodchips
• Prepare machine for transport and storage.
Details available from: email@example.com
On-site to groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Those who use a woodchipper/shredderr as part of their work, for example , cemeteries, parks, gardens and amenity horticultural staff etc.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.