Tractors and ATVs Tractor Driving
Price on enquiry
2 to 5 days, dependent on your requirements and experience
Integrated Assessment - A practical test with one-to-one verbal questioning
The tractor is an essential piece of machinery for so many businesses and operating it safely and efficiently is absolutely vital. Whether you're an experienced hand, or just starting out, our instructors will steer you through the entire tractor-driving process. This Lantra accredited course will ensure that you can use a tractor safely and with confidence, and that the key fundamentals of driving, loading and Health & Safety are covered. It will enable you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the tractor safely and competently. You will also receive plenty of hands-on experience behind the wheel.
Basic operations and manoeuvring are covered, as will using attachments, trailers and the power take-off (PTO) shaft.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Perform a risk assessment
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader
Upon completion you will receive a certificate of competence.
- Front End Loader
- Arm Mounted Flail Cutter
- Combi Tractor Mower
We also run courses on Tractor Driving on Slopes, and Tractor Driving for 13-15 year olds.
Group course only. On-site for groups of 4 or more.
All tractor drivers, including novices and experienced operators, in agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial, grounds maintenance and horticultural industries. The minimum age limit for candidates taking this qualification is 16 years. A separate course is available for young people aged 13-15.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.