Synthetic Surfaces Synthetic Sports Surfaces Maintenance
Price on enquiry
1-day theory and practical
Assessment not required
Synthetic surfaces can provide increased hours of play, consistent conditions and multi-sport capabilities if maintained correctly.
This Lantra accredited course enables participants to grasp the basic needs of synthetic sports surfaces throughout a 12-month period. Topics are delivered with an emphasis on Health and Safety, focusing on typical construction methods and the different types of synthetics surfaces available, whilst explaining the need for regular maintenance. It is aimed at grounds and estates staff, and can be tailored to the construction-type that you have on-site, and the knowledge and experience of those attending.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Consider and provide safe working practices when completing tasks and operations on synthetic sports turf surfaces
- Understand and appreciate the general requirements of play for synthetic sports turf
- Provide playing surfaces to the required standard of play
- Understand the opportunities, and limitations, of synthetic sports surfaces
- Carry out maintenance operations in the correct sequence in order to deliver an optimal surface for play
- Understand the materials and products available for the maintenance and renovation of synthetic sports turf surfaces
- Understand which maintenance practices can be carried out in-house, and when the services of specialist contractors are required
- Understand how to carry out basic repairs to the surface after usage
- Be able to carry out basic maintenance to machinery and tools used
On-site to groups. Please email email@example.com for a quotation stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Groundstaff, volunteers and estates management staff typically looking after local facilities, and those embarking on careers in sports turf.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Tel: 01865 509 510