Synthetic Surfaces Synthetic Sports Surfaces Maintenance
Price on enquiry
1-day theory & practical
Assessment not required
Synthetic surfaces can provide increased hours of play, consistent conditions and multi-sport capabilities if maintained correctly.
This course enables participants to grasp the basic needs of synthetic sports surfaces throughout a 12-month period. Topics are delivered with an emphasis on Health and Safety, focusing on typical construction methods and the different types of synthetics surfaces available, whilst explaining the need for regular maintenance. Delegates receive a free comprehensive course manual.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Consider and provide safe working practice when completing all tasks and operations on synthetic sports turf
- Understand and appreciate the general requirements of play for synthetic sports turf
- To be able to provide playing surfaces to the required standard of play
- Carry out all maintenance operations in the correct sequence ensuring the best surface
- Understand the difference between materials and products available for the maintenance and renovation of synthetic sports turf
- Understand and be able to carry out repairs to the synthetic sports turf surface after each game
- Have an understanding and be able to carry out basic maintenance to all machinery and tools used.
On-site to groups. Please email email@example.com for a quotation stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Volunteer and part-time groundstaff typically looking after local facilities, and those embarking on careers in sports turf.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.