Synthetic Surfaces Synthetic Sports Surfaces Maintenance
£165.00 + VAT pp
1-Day Theory & practical
Assessment not required
Sports facilities are under increasing pressure to provide playing surfaces all year round. Natural turf surfaces that traditionally provided the playing surfaces are not able to withstand high usage all year round, especially in the winter months. Synthetic surfaces can provide year-round play, increased hours of play, consistent conditions and multi-sport capabilities if maintained correctly.
This course enables the Grounds person to grasp the basic needs of synthetic sports surfaces throughout a 12-month period. Topics are delivered with an emphasis on Health and Safety, focusing on typical construction methods and different types of synthetics surfaces available whilst explaining the need for regular maintenance. Delegates will receive a free comprehensive course manual.
What will be covered
• Consider and provide safe working practice when completing all tasks and operations on synthetic sports turf
• Understand and appreciate the general requirements of play for synthetic sports turf
• To be able to provide playing surfaces to the required standard of play
• Carry out all maintenance operations in the correct sequence ensuring the best surface
• Understand the difference between materials and products available for the maintenance and renovation of synthetic sports turf
• Understand and be able to carry out repairs to the synthetic sports turf surface after each game
• Have an understanding and be able to carry out basic maintenance to all machinery and tools used.
On-site to groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Volunteer and part-time groundsmen and women, typically looking after their local facilities, or those just beginning to maintain synthetic surfaces.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.