Hand Held Machinery Safe Use Of Hand Held Hedge Trimmer
Price on enquiry
Integrated Assessment - Practical test with one-to-one verbal questioning
This Lantra accredited course enables participants to use a Hand Held Hedge Trimmer (Hedgecutter) safely and with confidence and to understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements. It is suitable if you use a combi tool, a dedicated machine or a long reach hedge trimmer. It covers pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments, and operating the machine to cut hedges to the capacity of the machine. You'll then tackle practical, hands-on sessions. This is an integrated training and assessment course, so you will receive a
certificate of competence once it is completed.
By the end of the course, participants be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for hedge trimming
- State the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using a hedge trimmer (P.U.W.E.R 1998)
- Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify key controls and functions of a hedge trimmer
- Prepare machine prior to operation
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks prior to use
- Prepare work site
- Use approved techniques to trim hedges
- State the environmental and wildlife considerations when trimming hedges
- State the different types of hedges and finishes
- State the correct disposal methods for the trimmings
Please note that this course does not cover working at height.
We also offer an additional module for the use of battery powered equipment.
Open courses (for individuals to attend) are offered at our training venue in Telford. On-site courses for groups of 4 or more. Pleas email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
Anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, grounds maintenance or estates management industries that currently operates, or will be required to operate, a hand held hedge trimmer.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.