Garden Maintenance Safe Use Of Handheld Hedge Cutters
Price on enquiry
Lantra or City & Guilds NPTC
City & Guilds NPTC: 001423 or 001428
Integrated Assessment - Practical test with one to one verbal questioning
This course enables you to use the hedge cutter safely and with confidence, and to understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements. This course covers pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments and operating the machine to cut hedges to the capacity of the machine.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Produce a site-specific risk assessment for hedge trimming
• State the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using a hedge trimmer (P.U.W.E.R 1998)
• Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
• Carry out operator checks and identify key controls and functions of a hedge trimmer
• Prepare machine prior to operation
• Carry out routine operator maintenance
• Start the machine and carry out safety checks prior to use
• Prepare work site
• Use approved techniques to trim hedge
• State the environmental and wildlife considerations when trimming hedges
• State the different types of hedges and finishes
• State the correct disposal methods for the trimmings.
Open courses (for individuals to attend) are offered at Allscott, Telford. On-site courses can be arranged in many areas of the UK for groups of 4 or more.
Anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance industry that currently operates, or will be required to operate a handheld hedge cutter.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.