Hand Held Machinery Safe Use Of Brushcutters And Trimmers
Price on enquiry
1-day or 2-days
Integrated Assessment - Practical test with one-to-one verbal questioning
This course enables you to use the Trimmer (strimmer) safely and with confidence and to understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements. It covers pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments, and operating the machine to cut or trim to the capacity of the machine.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Produce a site-specific Risk Assessment for trimmer and brushcutter operations
• Identify the necessary personal protective equipment required
• Identify the health and safety features required on a trimmer and brushcutter
• Detect defects on the equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer's attention
• Carry out correctly all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer's instruction book
• Prepare the equipment for use with the correct fuel/oil mix
On-site to groups, email email@example.com for a quotation stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance industry that currently operates, or will be required to operate, a brushcutter/trimmer.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.