Pesticide Application Safe Use and Hand Held Equipment
Safe Use of Pesticides 601/5977/7
Safe Application of Pesticides using Hand Held Equipment 601/6562/5
Safe Use - written assessment
Safe Application - practical assessment
Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides
Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal requirement. The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate, or by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one. This qualification was developed in direct response to that legal requirement for pesticide use. This is a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of role you perform.
Successful achievement of the Safe Use of Pesticides qualification is the prerequisite of the Hand-held Equipment Assessment, which is covered in this course, and any additional Safe Application modules subsequently taken.
Safe Use is a written assessment, Safe Application is a practical assessment. Please note: Being able to interpret the labeling on pesticides is essential. Therefore, to undertake this course it is important to have a good level of written and spoken English. You must also be able to read and understand the questions for the theory part of the assessment.
The courses are usually taken on successive days. The time taken to complete the course is dependent upon the number of candidates, the candidates' experience, and the types of equipment being used.
Course prices include training and assessment fees and Lantra certification fees.
Refresher courses are also available. The Lantra Awards Certificate of Basic Skills lasts for life, however the law requires training to be updated on a three to five year basis. This ensures that skills are kept up to date and that operation of machinery and equipment is safe.
Grounds Training also offers the following;
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticide using Hand Held Equipment (the Around Water element can be included in this module)
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticide Using Vehicle-Mounted Boom Sprayer Equipment
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Operation of Hand Held Stem Injection Equipment
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Operation of Pesticide Plug Equipment
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Granular Equipment
If you are applying pesticides in a commercial role/commercial quantity you are legally required by the Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) (Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986) (as amended) to take this qualification. These qualifications are for operators of pesticide application equipment, including grounds and greenkeeping staff, grounds maintenance operatives, lawn care operatives, and those working in other horticultural, agricultural or forestry roles.
- 15th/16th/19th October 2020 at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment. COURSE FULL.
- 19th/20th/23rd November 2020 at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment. £525pp - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
- 16th/17th/18th December 2020 at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment. £525pp - contact email@example.com to book a place.