Pesticide Application Safe Use & Safe Application of Pesticides (PA1/PA6A)
Price on enquiry
Safe Use of Pesticides 601/5977/7
Safe Application of Pesticides using Hand Held Equipment 601/6562/5
Safe Use - written assessment
Safe Application - practical assessment
Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and the Safe Application of Pesticides with Hand Held Equipment
(equivalent to City & Guilds NPTC PA1 & PA6A - please see our FAQs for details)
Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal requirement. The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate, or by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one. This qualification was developed in direct response to that legal requirement for pesticide use. This is a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of role you perform.
The Safe Use of Pesticides qualification (PA1) must be successfully completed before the Hand Held Equipment assessment or any other additional Safe Application modules are undertaken.
Safe Use is a written assessment, Safe Application is a practical assessment. Please note that being able to interpret the labeling on pesticides is essential. Therefore, to undertake this course it is important to have a good level of written and spoken English. You must also be able to read and understand the questions for the theory part of the assessment.
The courses are usually taken on successive days. The time taken to complete the course is dependent upon the number of candidates, the candidates' experience, and the types of equipment being used.
Course prices include training and assessment fees and Lantra certification fees. Please call 01865 509510 or email email@example.com for the latest dates, venues and costs.
Refresher courses: The Lantra Awards Certificate of Basic Skills lasts for life, however the law requires training to be updated on a three to five year basis. This ensures that skills are kept up to date and that operation of machinery and equipment is safe. We are pleased to offer refresher courses for small groups on-site at your venue.
We also offer the following;
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticide Using Vehicle-Mounted Boom Sprayer Equipment (equivalent of PA2) We also offer PA2AR for application to roads.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Operation of Hand Held Stem Injection Equipment (equivalent of PA6 INJ)
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Operation of Pesticide Plug Equipment (equivalent of PA6 PP)
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Granular Equipment (equivalent of PA4 S or G)
If you are applying pesticides in a commercial role/commercial quantity you are legally required by the Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) (Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986) (as amended) to take this qualification. These qualifications are for operators of pesticide application equipment, including grounds and greenkeeping staff, grounds maintenance operatives, lawn care operatives, and those working in other horticultural, agricultural or forestry roles.
- 22nd-24th November at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment (PA1/PA6A) - COURSE FULL
- 6th-8th December at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment (PA1/PA6A)
- 23rd-25th February at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment (PA1/PA6A)
- 21st-23rd March at Allscott, Telford - Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides and Safe Application using Hand Held Equipment (PA1/PA6A)