Hand Held Machinery Leaf Blowers
Price on enquiry
The leaf blower is the go-to machine for many working in horticulture, arboriculture and forestry. This Lantra accredited course is suitable for you if you have a combi tool, a back pack blower or a dedicated machine. It will teach you the skills to operate a leaf blower safely and efficiently. You'll also learn about maintenance specific to a blower, to help keep the machine in tip-top condition. Understanding all the relevant regulation and safety requirements is key. You'll be taught the need for the correct protective clothing and how best to maintain a safe working environment.
- produce a site-specific risk assessment for blower operations
- identify the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- identify the health and safety features required on a blower
- identify defects on a blower and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- correctly carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s information
- prepare the blower for use with the correct fuel/oil mix
- start the blower from both hot and cold start in a safe manner
- state the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- maintain the blower in a safe and efficient working condition
- adjust the blower for safe and comfortable operation where a harness is used
- operate the blower in a safe manner, having regard for the safety of the public, property
and environmental factors
Anyone working in horticulture, arboriculture, forestry, grounds maintenance or estates management who is required to use any type of leaf blower.