Line Marking Initial Sports Line Marking
Price on enquiry
1 or 2 days, theory and practical
Assessment not required
This Lantra accredited course focuses on the efficient, safe and legal aspects of line marking, and the skills needed to mark out. It introduces the basic competencies for preparation, setting out sports markings from scratch, and the application of line marking materials. It also provides attendees with knowledge and understanding of the range of line marking machines and line marking paints and materials available.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Interpret the rules of the sport when setting out and marking out
- Understand and read the required dimensions of the sports pitch (i.e. from a diagram)
- Provide safe working practices and environment when marking out
- Be competent in the usage and maintenance of line marking machinery
- Be competent in understanding the cost effective best practice of applying different types of materials available and be able to calibrate them correctly
This course can be extended to two days to include a full day dedicated to the marking of athletics tracks and athletics disciplines. Please see below for a downloadable course summary sheet.
On-site to groups. Please email email@example.com for a quotation stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Groundstaff at a range of venues, volunteers and part-time groundstaff looking after local facilities, anyone embarking on a career in sports turf, and grounds maintenance contractors looking to add line marking to their portfolio.