Ride on Machinery Compact Tractor Driving
Price On Enquiry
City & Guilds NPTC
1 or 2 Day
City & Guilds NPTC: 001408 or 001409
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one to one verbal questioning
The training covers pre-use checks, maintenance, identification of controls and instruments and operating the machine with attachments.
All independent assessments are undertaken on a separate day, a few days after the training.
On completion of the course, you'll be able to:
- List the types of hazards which may be encountered and how these should be dealt with
- Check the immediate work area for hazards and obstacles
- Identify Health and Safety legislation, and codes of practice in relation to the preparation and use of tractors
- Identify Health and Safety issues in relation to the preparation and use of tractors
- Describe the capabilities of the tractor and the expected efficiency of tractor operation
- Identify types of attachments that are safe to use and compatible with the tractor and those that are not
- Describe different types of attachments and how they are secured
- Maintain the efficiency of tractor and attachment performance through the appropriate operation of the tractor
- List the required pre-start checks and adjustments (safety checks)
- Describe the ways in which the tractor should be manoeuvred, and how different weather and ground conditions must be taken into account
- Ensure that attachments are compatible with tractor
- Explain the safe use of attachments
On-site to groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote stating how many people you anticipate will attend.
Those who use a compact tractor as part of their work, for example highway maintenance, cemeteries, parks, gardens and amenity horticultural staff.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.