Tractors and ATVs All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
Price on enquiry
1-day or 2-days to suit your requirements
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one-to-one verbal questioning
This course enables the participant to use an ATV (Sit In and Sit Astride, Steered, Tracked and Wheeled) safely and with confidence, understanding the fundamentals of driving, loading, and Health and Safety.
By the end of the course participants will be able to;
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- Identify the risks associated with using a sit-astride ATV
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components
- Understand the function of all instruments
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator's manual
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- Carry out a failed hill climb (full course only)
- Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route
- Operate the sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- Identify loading/towing capacities
- Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- Identify track profile and weight transfer
- Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry
Group course only. On-site for groups of 4 or more.
Anyone who uses, or will be using, an ATV in the course of the day-to-day work.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.