Ride on Machinery All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
Price On Enquiry
Lantra or City & Guilds
1-Day or 2-Days
Integrated/Independent - Practical test with one to one verbal questioning
To enable you to use the ATV (Sit In and it Astride – Steered, Tracked and Wheeled) safely and with confidence, and that you understand the key fundamentals of driving, loading and Health and Safety.
What will be covered
• Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
• Identify the risks associated with using a sit-astride ATV
• Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Understand the main causes of accidents
• Identify the controls and components
• Understand the function of all instruments
• Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
• Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
• Identify and report any faults
• Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
• Carry out a ‘failed hill’ climb (full course only)
• Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route
• Operate the sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
• Identify loading/towing capacities
• Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
• Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
• Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
• Identify track profile and weight transfer
• Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry.
Group course only. On-site courses can be arranged in many areas of the UK for groups of 4 or more.
Anyone who uses or will be using an ATV in the course of the day-to-day work.
New dates currently being planned – Use the link below to register your interest.